Friday, January 04, 2013

Farewell 2012.

2012 has been the biggest whirlwind year of my life. We moved out of my moms and into our own place. I made life long friendships and ended some that weren't healthy. I had a gorgeous baby boy and sadly, filed for divorce. I have felt the most extreme joy but was also slumped into depression for a few months time. But in my lowest lows I always learn my greatest lessons. I have learned to care less about what people think of me. Their judgements are between them and God. I have learned that I cannot control people's gossip or lies but can only be who I am and prove them wrong. I have learned how to hold my tongue when all I want to do is say ugly things. And I have learned that forgiveness is key to happiness. There's a reason people hate change and that's because it's completely unknown. I have never walked more blindly in my life but I appreciate the faith that comes with it. There are things I will never know or understand but one thing I do...my quality of life depends on my ability to be vulnerable, forgive, and love. And I have never regretted loving someone. Be kind 2013. I'm looking forward to you.

Instagram: alexhall
Photo: Pied Piper
Hair and Makeup: the Beauty Mark Girls

21 Splendid Notes:

Anonymous said...

Wow, quite a year for you! My thoughts are with you.

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

Alex, thank you for sharing your true feelings. I think you are an extraordinary woman and an amazing mother. Keep your chin up, I have a feeling 2013 is going to look a lot brighter for you. You just remember who your true friends are and those other people, well, you don't need them. Life is too short to surround yourself with negative people. They suck the life out of you and who wants that?? Anyway, I think you are quite fantastic! :)

Eliza said...

I'm so glad to see you posting again. I missed reading your blog! I hope nothing but joy and happiness for you and your family. I'm sure your decision was not an easy one to make but only you know what's right.

Oh, I LOVE those family photos. LOVE THEM!

Much Love,
Eliza

Maggie May said...

I am so glad you told us this. My own marriage is so, so hard now, and I don't know if we'll make it. Hearing the truth of life is what makes life liveable. xo

Maggie May said...

I am so glad you told us this. My own marriage is so, so hard now, and I don't know if we'll make it. Hearing the truth of life is what makes life liveable. xo

Chris said...

So glad to read something ... I wish you all the strenght you'll need these days...all the best from Switzerland!
Chris

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Hootens said...

Alex,
You are a woman of great insight and gratitude. I'm positive that the choice you made toward divorce was nothing short of gut-wrenching. I wondered why we had stopped hearing from you and even though we don't know each other, you've opened your heart so much that you've given us insight into who you are.

I wish you nothing but peace. Good things are coming for you. I have no doubt.

Kristi said...

So happy to see you are blogging again!

Sorry to hear of the difficult times. No judgement from me. I don't "know" you, but I am still proud of your strength.

I hope 2013 is wonderful for you and your lovely kids!!!

Lots of hugs!

stacy said...

life is one struggle after the next sprinkled with some joy and beautiful memories...it's hard work and despite the struggle it sounds like you're doing beautifully love!!!! you are a brave, smart woman!

Mel said...

Sending you happy thoughts!
Mel
http://bambinostory.blogspot.com/

Tina said...

Dearest Alex,

So sorry to hear about your marriage. It is hard to know why bad things happen to good people! You and your family have been through so much! I wish you the best and happiest 2013! I am so glad that you are back to blogging. I hope you will blog on a regular basis. I have missed your blogs. I'm sure you made a very tough decision!

Love,

Tina
Little Tots Big Ideas

Libby said...

Divorce is hard but your children will be in a better place without the stress of a bad marriage in their home daily. You can now shower them with nothing but love! Keep your chin up :)

Libby said...

Divorce is hard but your children will be in a better place without the stress of a bad marriage in their home daily. You can now shower them with nothing but love! Keep your chin up :)

Irene said...

you're a strong woman, you've been through harder things of what I have seen in this little blog of yours. life is hard but also beautiful and it's good to make choices that will make us happier. i can only wish you the best for the next year and the next ones ahead. xo

Anonymous said...

Malaysia & Singapore & brunei ultimate on the internet blogshop for wholesale
& supply korean add-ons, accessories, earstuds, choker,
rings, bangle, hair & trinket add-ons. Deal 35 % wholesale price cut. Ship Worldwide
Feel free to surf my website ... cérebro

Matt and Staci said...

Alex, I had no idea about the divorce, but if there is one thing I know about you...YOU ARE AN AMAZING MAMA! Those 3 kids are so blessed to be your children and I think 2013 is going to bring great things your way. Please let me know if I can ever help in any way!

nate and amy crandell said...

Love you girl, and hope you have beautiful 2013!

Jawed Ali said...

Funny Epic Girls, Troll Images of Girls, Girls Funny and Loll, Funny Hot Pictures of Girls
hotentertainnews.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I am sorry. Divorce is hard. I have been their. You seem like a great person and I hope this year is the best you have ever had!

jdavissquared said...

So happy to see you posting again! I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were doing.
So sorry to hear that things have been rough for you. Sending lots of well wishes and hopes for a wonderful 2013!