Monday, January 23, 2012

A stroller.

We finally got our act together and ordered a stroller. (Actually, I won it off of eBay for a smokin' deal.) I was dreading the day it came because I was not looking forward to putting it together. This is the kind of stuff I tend to miss about Chellis' used-to-be-body. You know, all those honey-do's? Most are a defeat to Chellis now, since it is hard to do those things with just one arm.

So Friday, I came home from an afternoon out. My body was exhausted and the end of the day was no where in sight. I made my way into our room. It was covered in cardboard, plastic and styrofoam. In the middle of all the mess, sat our stroller. New, shiny, and perfectly put together.

Chellis spent three hours that afternoon putting it together all by himself with his one arm. It was the most sweet and sincere act. It made me teary all weekend thinking about it. And it still does.

That stroller has landed a special place in my heart because I know every time I use it, I will think if how wonderful my man is.

19 Splendid Notes:

Shannon @ Bungalow960 said...

This is so touching. Even though Chellis might not be at 100% physically, his heart is at 200% at all times.

Rebecca said...

That is the sweetest thing I've heard all day. So much love!

jdavissquared said...

What a sweet story! And a cute stroller to boot!

Jessica @ One Shiny Star said...

It's such a beautiful blessing to be reminded of how much a husband can love.

Alexis Kaye said...

his melted my heart when I saw it on instagram! that's so sweet. You guys make such a sweet couple! :) Can't wait to see the new baby!

Beth Allen said...

That makes me all teary eyed too! Chellis is quite a catch, what a thoughtful guy. xo

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said...

Lovely story!

Kate said...

I know you know it, but THAT is a love story right there! <3

mama boss said...

Well, now I'm teary eyed. Love this. :)

Chloe Deverill said...

Awwww... this is so so sweet!
You're a lucky girl!

Jenna said...

My dad had a stroke just over one year ago and I totally know how things like that can totally melt your heart. How incredibly touching.

Stevie said...

SERIOUSLY!! This is the sweetest post. It made me tear up as well. What an amazing man you have. You two are so special.

Reenie said...

Beautiful.....touching post.

Mars said...

how sweet!

Katrine said...

Now I know why you're blog is called a love story! so sweet.

Laura said...

I know it has been said, but that is so sweet. Seriously it makes ME tear up because you know it is something that came from his heart and things like that can't be bought.

Anonymous said...

As someone who has the use of one arm and hand because of a stroke this brought tears to my eyes.thank you .

Ly said...

Awww that's so sweet!!

http://www.lyzhang.com

Bailey@Lost&Found said...

This is so sweet! And such a lovely stroller! Your man is a keeper :)

Bailey
http://lostandfound-bailee.blogspot.com/