Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Oh, this guy!


{photos courtesy of cardigan empire from my super fun girls date with reachel and beth}

I have six weeks left. Six weeks!

Things have been going wonderfully, besides a brutal run in with heartburn and the forfeiting of my lungs who can longer assist me up one flight of stairs.

This last weekend, after a morning with Belle and her Beast boyfriend, I came home and discovered some spotting. A quick call to Dr. Layton confirmed what I already knew was next. A trip to the hospital. Once there, they monitored me and our little guy. Dr. Layton was on call that day, and said his heart rate was higher then what they like to see and that I was having steady contractions. They put me on an IV and I got an ultrasound just to make sure nothing freaky was going on. After 2 hours on the IV his heart rate got much better but the contractions were still going on. So they gave me the dreadful terbutaline shot. It's every preggers dream to be sitting in a hospital bed whilst feeling like you are on crack, right? No. It was awful. But I got to come home shortly after, and with our hyper-doesn't-stop-for-a-second baby boy still cooking in the womb.

Contractions have been making an appearance regularly now, but let's cross our fingers and toes, and say a prayer that he can hang tight for at least two more weeks!

16 Splendid Notes:

Maggie May said...

You look fantabulous!!!

Chloe Deverill said...

You look great!
Love your hair, btw!

Rebecca said...

Good luck with everything! You look beautiful!

Shalyn said...

I had a little pregnancy scare recently as well- NOT FUN! So glad everything is okay with you and sweet baby! You are the CUTEST pregnant mama ever!

mama boss said...

Your hair and tummy are absolutely lovely!
Sorry that little guy gave you a scare. But all that business will be worth it when he's wiggling in your arms.
Can't believe you're so close! I'm so excited!

Beth Allen said...

Oh goodness! I hope he can cook a bit longer! we may have to do announcments instead of invites if so! (although I would love to do both!)
Take it easy lady!
xoxo

Libby said...

you look so good! and I love your hair!

Ashley Smith said...

You are so gorgeous! Inside and Out! love you girl! I cant wait for you to have that little guy in your arms!! You'll be in my prayers that he'll chill out some :)

Gentri said...

I can only hope that I'll be as cute as you when I'm pregnant one day. :)

Chelsea said...

YOU.
ARE.
GORGEOUS!

yay for only 6 weeks left!

xoxox

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said...

You look fantastic! and prayers for you and the sweet baby!

Tiffany said...

Good luck! Hope all goes well. (Love Dr Layton by the way. He's awesome!)

Alexis Kaye said...

AH! I'm so glad everything [relatively] worked out! And maybe you should never have your little man...you just look way to good preggo....;)

Erin said...

glad you're so close and everything's okay!
you look fabulous, though!

Jennifer said...

Good luck! I always miss my lungs, but am comforted by the presence of elevators so I don't have to take stairs. Can't wait to see the little guy, in like 6 weeks though!

Sarah said...

Yes, you do look wonderful! I was just admiring that top at Anthro. And I hope your baby can wait just a bit longer!