Friday, January 13, 2012

A New Year.

I feel like 2011 was another year of huge growth for me.
As a friend, as a Mom, and as a wife.
{photos courtesy of ashley from the Bagley's annual New Years palooza}
{Yes, we were "dressed up" as Singing in the Rain. Turns out, it is hard to think of a costume for a pregnant girl and guy in a wheelchair.}

{No, I'm not drunk.}

Our marriage seemed to go through a roller coaster of emotions last year. It is so hard being the caretaker to your husband. And I attribute the trials of last year to that. We had to find our niche. What works for us and what doesn't and I love where we ended up.
I also grew as a Mother and I grew as a friend. Of course growth means that you went through something unpleasant but came out on top.
{aileen, me, reachel, beth}

I can only hope, as the all the years before have proven, that it will just get better and better. That I will grow each year. And that, like I always do, will respect the things I've learned but would never want to go back. That I will always love the here and now because yes, I miss some things about the past but the present is so much more promising.
One thing is always for certain.
I will always feel beyond lucky to have my family and friends.
I'm obsessed with them.

This year...
I want to be more patient.
I want to be more balanced.
And I want to be more kind.

Cheers to a great new year!

6 Splendid Notes:

Whitney said...

I MISS YOU!!!!

Elle Keeps Moving said...

such a beautiful pregnant momma!

Alexis Kaye said...

you're awesome. And I really like what you said about growth. It's true. it doesn't just happen. Here's to a great new year! :D

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!

And I always want to ask you - how do you do your hair? It is absolutely gorgeous. I want to have mine done the same way.

robin said...

i just really don't think it's fair that you can be cute AND pregnant at the same time.

no fair no fair no fair! (whiney voice and stomping feet.)

and really, your hair is amazing.

Shalyn said...

You look beautiful in those pictures! Love your goals for this year- mine are similar:-)