Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Thank you Mr. Buble.

This month has been filled with lots of swiping of the debit card, strep throat, and those horribly addicting "Kiss Cookies". You know the ones. Not to mention, the chilliest winter I can remember. Scarves by day, sweat pants by night. But amidst the weight gain, half pregnancy induced other half cookie, I have been kidnapped by the spunk of holiday cheer.

I would be naive if I didn't realize that my kids determine the magic of the season. Every morning, they throw the blankets off of their warm bodies and excitedly talk about where they will find Elfie. (The now very trendy, Elf on the Shelf) They scrub the morning breath out of their mouth while singing Jingle Bells and run downstairs to rip one more chain off of their Christmas chain advents. It's my favorite part of this season. Watching the anticipation build up for a whole month and then watching it all unfold in 30 minutes at 6:00 am on Christmas morning. Oy vey!

So yes, I would like to thank my little ones for making me believe for just one second, the way I used to believe when I was their age. Most definitely. Yes. I would like to thank them and Michael Buble because his Christmas album has been rocking my world.

8 Splendid Notes:

Rebecca said...

I hope you and your family have a lovely holiday!

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said...

Great pics! I wanna believe like kids again! Happy Holidsays!

Jennifer said...

I can't even remember how I possibly summoned any Christmas spirit at all before I had kids. Santa brings out the merriest part of me, when before I was prone to Grinchy-ness. (I just invented that word, patent pending).

Hope you have a good Christmas! Only 5 days, that's what Alana told me this morning!

Alexis Kaye said...

I just think you're so awesome! :) I love that you cherish the small things! When I'm a mommy someday I'll have to remind myslef what Alex would do...haha!

Shalyn said...

You make me so excited to be a mommy! Love the photos!

Monique said...

Hope your family had a wonderful Christmas!

vanessa said...

I wish I had gotten that album this year!! I think I missed out

Stephanie and Such said...

I am so excited to be a mom! How fun!

And I love Elf on The Shelf. So many cute ideas :)