Monday, May 23, 2011

A Fancy Friday Dinner Party.

On Friday night, Chellis and I got all dressed up and went to the most amazing dinner party at Beth's house. It was to die, guys. Seriously. It was beautiful there. Too bad my camera battery was 2 pictures short of being dead. We chatted in her house while we waited for the delish gourmet pizza to finish up. Beth's husband is a very talented chef. Hats off.

I think I did an audible gasp when I walked outside. It was gorgeous. Tiny paper lanterns were strung. Wine glasses, white glass plates and sunflowers filled the table. And the weather was perfection. The wind blew strong enough to scare Angela into thinking her skirt was going to fly up but not hard enough where her skirt actually did. We sat at our designated place settings equipped with our own name tags. I did get a picture of ours. (Laurens was the best. ;))
We chowed down our pizza and salad got totally sugar wasted on Italian Soda. We sat and talked for nearly four hours. We probably overstayed our visit but we could have spent many more hours there with all of those lovely couples. I am so grateful for their sweet friendships. I am also grateful for the kindness their husbands showed my husband. I would gladly spend every Friday night with them.

Beth, you are the hostess with mostess (with the cutest house too). You are the sweetest woman I know. Seriously.
Reachel, you are a modern day belle. You amaze me. (I'm going to take you up on the "Let's Do Dinner")
Angela, you have such a soft and elegant aura about you. You are just divine.
Ashley, you are darling and so so sweet. You were an instant friend. Cheers to Puppies!
Lauren, you are beautiful and hilarious. You have such a happy glow and there's always a smile on your face.
Aileen, I don't think I know a more laugh out loud, hilarious woman than you. You are definitely more than just a pretty face. Let's get together.
Stephanie, you were a doll and so friendly.

We were in great company, as you can see. I absolutely loved everything (and everyone) about that night. More importantly, so did Chellis.

Counting down the days till the next one because it was totally worth the Italian Soda hangover.

14 Splendid Notes:

jdavissquared said...

What a fun group of ladies! So glad you guys got a night out, and with great people too.

Mommy Kerin said...

Beautiful photos! Happy Monday!

Reachel Bagley, Fashion Consultant said...

Alexa, you better take me up on let's do dinner. And you give the best, most sincere compliments. I will do my best to encapsulate you as well.

Alexa: A down to earth goddess - ready to have an refreshingly open conservation while she washes the dishes with you.

Beth said...

I was so happy to get to finally meet you! You are so beautiful in and out. I can't wait to get to know you even better! Thanks for coming and we will most definitely do it again. :)

ps thank chellis for the tip on our table. we totally did it and it worked nicely! <3

Aileen said...

Alexa, Alex, AlexiChellis...So stinkin cute and so genuine. I love that you are so sincere and it displays. I love really real people!!! You have my phone number- use it!!!

Lets toast:Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends:)

Connie said...

Glamorous! Looks like a BLAST! ♥

Kendra said...

The group of ladies sound so perfect! I am glad you had a wonderful time!

Fash Boulevard said...

beyond glad I found your blog. I'm a new follower, I hope you will as well. I started my blog a little over 2 months ago after graduating from college in the south and moving across the country. It's all about celebrity fashion from the point of view of an LA stylist. Stop by to see multiple post a day on all the latest celebrity fashion news. Would love your support. xoxo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

angela hardison said...

you are a dear. thank you for the kind words! it was so great to meet chellis and hang out with you guys... i'm still thinking about your blue dress and how much i love it :)

Britney Jean said...

how fun! you girls are all so cute!

amanda jane said...

this looks like so much fun!

FancyHouseRoad said...

Looks amazing and you look hott hott hot in that dress!

Ky

Tiffany said...

Wow, what an enchanting night! Cool to see connections too. Ashley's a friend of my brother-in-law, and Angela and I married cousins. Fun!

Lauren said...

Oh Alex...this was the sweetest post to read. I loved spending the evening with you! Wish I had been sitting closer to you. Can we get together soon?