Monday, October 11, 2010

Hoo-Me-Hoops and Giggles

Maddix found a tire off of an old bike in the garage and excitedly yelled,
"A HOO-ME-HOOP!"It's so dang cute.
Bronson thinks it's quite the knee slapper. Really. He asks her all the time what it's called and then laughs his head off.
(Kindergartners...I'll tell ya what.)
Anyway, she practiced and practiced as we planted flowers on Saturday morning.
Finally, when she got the hoop (tire) to spin around her more than once she was ecstatic!
She made me watch over and over.
"Watch me! I can hoo-me-hoop!"Something as simple as Maddix in her dance outfit, trying to Hoo-Me-Hoop with an old tire on a fall morning reminds me that these simple things fill her childhood days.
But these simple things make me so grateful that I am alive and here with her this fall, watching her giggle and shake that booty in circles on the lawn, the street, and the driveway. She's just one tiny little girl in this big spinning universe filled with a million hula hoops.
But on Saturday the world stopped;
She was the only little girl around with an old tire spinning on her little hip and a huge smile smack-dab on her face.
A face that I love
forever
and
always.

14 Splendid Notes:

Britney Jean said...

i want to hoo-me-hoop!!

Tatiana said...

I love your kids. They give me such a good laugh and smile! You are such a good mom for capturing this moment.

Coach Chelle said...

This is TOO cute!! It's so easy for us to get wrapped up in the busy-ness of life and this was a great reminder to slow down and enjoy it!

jdavissquared said...

that's awesome. i bet you call it a hoo-me-hoop for the rest of your days. ;)

Annie said...

aw, she is just way too cute!!! :) i love it!!

p.s. i have been reading your posts in reader so i haven't been on your actual blog so i just now am seeing your new header and i adore it!! it is the cutest ever!!!

Mars said...

cutest little thing ever!!

Eeny said...

Maddix is the cutest - I used to love the hoo-me-hoop when I was a little girl. I used to have a pink one with white stripes - but an old bike tire is soooo creative. You sure got one smart little girl over there =)

Jeff and Michelle Galovan said...

She is so stinkin cute! ANd I love the way you capture all those moments! YOur a great photographer!

Marissa said...

So cute!!

Deidra said...

Lovely post. :)

Alli said...

This may sound weird, but I stumbled upon your blog via The Tyler's (My husband goes to Regent Law as well). And I found myself reading your blog for an hour with tears and smiles! What an amazing testimony of love, joy, and life your family has! Keep up the amazing blog and pictures =)

Karm said...

she is adorable. so creative too, hehe I like this post ^_^

angela hardison said...

so adorable.

there's a photography exhibit at the phx art museum right now, and i fell in love with a b&w photo there of a mother and children hula-hooping in the 1950s. made me think it would be such a fun idea for a family photo shoot.

KatOfDiamonds said...

So adorable and also so inspiring!