Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Story Of Us

I was a young 15 year old girl, enamored with the very good looking, 17 year old boy I met at Target on Black Friday, November 23, 2001.
The next night, I was babysitting for his sister and he was visiting from his hometown, Eagar, Arizona.
There we were alone.
Talking alone for the first time.
And it was...easy, fun, enchanting.
I fell in love right away. Even though he had a girlfriend (Hey Tiff!), I was crossing fingers that one day I would have a chance to prove to him that he was my Prince and I was the Princess he was looking for.

And I did.


We had our first kiss February 17, 2002.
Tied the knot on November 27, 2004.
Had our first born, a son named Bronson, in April of 2005.
Got knocked up again and welcomed our daughter, Maddix, shortly after in June of 2006.
We were sealed in the Mesa, Arizona Temple as an eternal family on November 28, 2008.
Chellis had his stroke on October 10, 2009 and our lives as we knew it we changed forever.

Our world was rocked and though it was a dramatic changed we managed it. We dealt with it and I am proud to say we embraced the massive change.
Going from having a husband that you rely on heavily for almost everything, to him almost losing his life was a big kick in the gut for me..
"Normal" is not normal anymore.
Though, slowly but surely it became our normal.

Sometimes I still get those kicks in the gut when I see someone who looks like Chellis walking, driving or passing me by on the streets. Sometimes my heart aches for the old him, the one that took care of me so I could put all my focus on our children. Sometimes I have dreams where he's him again and it hurts to wake up to realize it was only a dream. But then I roll over and see my Chellis now, I am in love with this man. He completes my world and I am so glad he is here...living, breathing and bickering with me about what to watch on Thursday night. (Grey's Anatomy)

It took nearly 9 years but...here we are.

Where is that you ask?


We are at a really good place, where we ride unicorns, dance in the rainbow and sprinkle pixie dust on our cereal.

It took a while to get here.
It took a lot of heartache, learning, yearning, earning, laughing, crying and Dr. Pepper...but we're here and we're ready for whatever life throws our way.

Even when the going gets tough, I like to think of something one of my best friends told me...


The sun will still rise in the morning.
And as long as I have my husband and children by my side, I don't need anything else.

1 Splendid Notes:

Christy said...

New follower, but you had me at "Target. Black Friday. November 23, 2001." I TOO was going to Target on that magical day & I was really upset I couldn't go. Instead, as I was grabbing my purse & walking out the door, I had to call my mom & said, "Target's off. My water just broke. We're going to the hospital." Best day of my life...my sassy daughter was born. (And she hate shopping, which is obviously why she was having no part of the Black Friday shenanigans!) I love your story, your blog is adorable & I can't wait to keep reading! : )